Cervical & Lumbar Disc
Shooting pain to the shoulders and arms with local neck pain, tingling and numbness, with loss of fine motor skills in the fingers needs to be treated for Cervical Disc Prolapse.
- Well the most common symptoms with which these patients approach the doctor are
- Pain and stiffness in the neck.
- The pain and stiffness could be confined to the neck alone
- There could be radiation of the pain from the neck to the right hand
- There could be radiation of the pain from the neck to the left hand
- There could be radiation of the pain from the neck to the back of the head
- There could be giddiness associated with pain and stiffness
- There could be only pain in the upper arm
- There could be numbness in the tips of the fingers
- These above symptoms could all suggest that you could be suffering from a condition known as cervical spondylosis
- Neck stiffness and pain may be worse with upright activities.
- Numbness and weakness may appear in the arms, hands, and fingers, and weakness in the legs.
- May feel or hear grinding or popping in the neck when you move.
- Muscle spasms or headaches.
- May feel irritable and fatigue, disturb sleep and impair your ability to work.
The diagnosis is usually through physical examination and imaging.
- Physical exam - the doctor may identify tender spots along the neck and evaluate your ability to move the neck in various directions. The function of the nerves and muscles in the arms and legs may be tested.
- Imaging - X-rays and MRI studies may be used to show bone spur and other abnormalities and reveal the extent of damage to the cervical
Treatment for cervical spondylosis -TYPE A
Exercise your neck and keep active and aim to keep your neck moving as normally as possible. As far as possible, continue with normal activities. In the past, some people have worn a neck collar for long periods when a flare-up of neck pain developed. It is now known that if you wear a collar for long periods it may cause the neck to 'stiffen up'. So, try to keep it as active as possible.
EXERCISES FOR SPONDYLOSIS
Professionals who spend hours doing desk work or in front off the computers should take small breaks in between and try and do simple neck exercises Some of those neck pains and stiffness which does not improve in spite of exercise and medication are most certainly due to stress. When a person is in constant stress the muscles in the neck goes into spasm and causes pain and stiffness in the neck so it is very important for the doctor to identify the cause and treat it accordingly.
You'll know the minute you arrive this is the place. We are here to surpass your desires.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis- Homeopathy-TYPE B
The symptoms may last for several months or years. Most of the time if symptoms are mild, the doctor may recommend rest, medication, and physical therapy.
- Rest - may need to wear a soft cervical collar or neck brace to limit neck motion to relieve nerve irritation.
- Medication -medications or other non-narcotic pain relievers to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Physical therapy - Hot and cold cervical traction or active exercise program to relieve pain symptoms.